<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/31167708?origin\x3dhttp://shoothegerm.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, May 25


This exam period has been very hectic. Glad to say that I survived it! Couldn’t have done it without some help though! Here are my lifelines
1.       Supper
2.       The cold
3.       Friends

Supper

Supper helped me get through many rough and hungry patches of the night. Some nights when I need that extra boost or rather get too bored of studying and in search of anything else to do instead.
Disclaimer: The following consists of my favourite supper picks but they are so much more that I have not tried.



Extension’s Western Stall Pasta
I am not really a fan of cream pastas but I find this one quite decent! This plate of pasta is from the Western stall at one of the coffee shops near NTU where we commonly term “Extension”. You can choose to order the pasta by itself or with a piece of Mexican chicken (grilled chicken with nacho cheese). Both are equally tantalising and would make a good supper! However it would be advisable to purchase pasta from this stall only when there is no crowd. Somehow I find that the pasta tastes nicer when the Uncle is more dedicated to my one plate of pasta.

Better known as Ahlian beehoon

I love this burst of goodness tied up in a brown package. One of my favourite things I have to say. They are famous for their beehoon but I really like their fried Maggie mee as well. In the picture is the order known as ‘Standard’. When my friend tells me “I want one Standard Ah Lian”, they mean a packet of beehoon with a fried egg, a fried chicken wing and chilli. There is something about their fried egg that just makes all the other fried eggs pale in comparison. I am not even kidding. From the crispy brown parts to the white part to the yolk of the egg, somewhere, magic happens. And their chicken wing… where do I start? I think they did something to the chicken, because it is out of this world. I am not sure if I am hallucinating or whatever it just is THAT good; especially when it is fresh from the stove. Oh man simple pleasures in life.
You may be thinking: What is a big commotion over just a packet of noodles and some cheap sides? (mind my wallet, they are not exactly cheap..) during exam periods, believe me, supper is a big thing. It is probably the only thing you look forward to for the whole day; and it’s just the supper culture. Studying hard with friends and then going out to supper, enjoying that break together.

Ahlian Porridge


This one is one of my new personal favourites. This Lean Pork Porridge with Century Egg can be found at the Soup Stall. Not many know that the Soup Stall sells porridge so sadly, most of the time they get my order wrong L; but this porridge is really good! If you are looking for something piping hot on a cold night, this would be my suggestion. Sadly, it is usually not available past 1am as they may run out.

The Cold

Many people will bring their jacket along if they are studying at chilly spots. The idea is to keep one warm so that we can better concentrate on studying instead. However I like to keep myself cold. I have a peculiar train of thought that if I keep myself uncomfortable; in this case cold, I will not fall asleep. May not work for the general masses but I must say that it has definitely kept me awake during the exam period

Friends


Support is very important while you are studying. With the right company and attitude, studying for finals can actually be quite an enjoyable affair. My finals have been quite an experience: late nights with my friends in the Athena study room next to the library, late nights in Hall 8 common areas with my hall friends, and basketball sessions after papers to relieve stress with my REP classmates. My REP classmates, we have come so far, but there is still quite a long way to go. Still, here’s cheers to finishing Year 1, freshmen no more, and HOLA to the summer holidays! J


meanwhile, France is so-so so far (SEE HOW I USED 3 'SO'S THERE?!) the food is good in some places and bad in some. as usual quite expensive, but i'm quite used to seeing the numbers now. i seem to keep eating and eating and eating. people here are lovely and beautiful of course, but my buddy hasnt contacted me AT ALL when all other people's buddy has had theirs contact them alr.. i think i am going to disown my buddy soon. i just emailed him he'd better reply sia haha. ok the trip so far has actually been 感触良多 i think maybe i just concentrate on enjoying france and the lessons...

laughed at 7:07:00 AM

uhuh

germaine.
some people call me germs or germ. singular or plural does it really matter?
singing for my life Tumblr

Talk



Links


Joanna Dong Boxstr Korean Lyrics Mirotic Dance(1) Mirotic Dance(2) Scribd

Memoirs


July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
April 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
September 2014
October 2014
December 2014
January 2015
May 2015
August 2015
November 2015